Friday 31 January 2014

Its all Greek to me

I would have to say that Greek food is one of my favorite types of food, and I only recently discovered it. Before I went to Greece this summer the only Greek food i had had before was an occasional Greek salad at my friends house, which I would constantly beg for whenever I visited- not very good manners for a guest but hey, it was too delicious to mind!

This summer as I sailed around Greece, a place that has been on the top of my want to visit places for some years now, I was lucky enough to enjoy some of the mouth watering cuisine. My personal favorite at the end was still the good 'ol Greek salad though!
Another new favorite I had was tzatziki which is a yogurt and cucumber dish that is served as an appetizer. It is the perfect way to start a meal as it is cold and refreshing yet so delicious, you would want to eat the whole platter, which is meant to be for the table! I have to admit I may have done this once or twice...


Moussaka is a dish that is considered to be famous from Greece and delicious however it was not a particular favorite of mine but that may be due to the fact that i hate eggplant, a main ingredient in moussaka.
I am sure there are so many other delicious Greek dishes that I have yet to try or that may have slipped my memory, so I would say it is my duty to go out and try more!



1 comment: